Article Marketing, Content Optimization, Facebook, Link Building Strategy, off-page Marketing, Online Video Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Twitter, Uncategorized
Step By Step Article Marketing To Create Backlinks And A Big Buzz
After the search engines updated their algorithm, particularly Google, people started to think that Article Marketing lost it’s appeal and/or effectiveness. Yet we disagree! In fact, we must say that article marketing actually became much more effective. Why..? Because the true article directories who stuck to the fundamentals of listing quality articles survived, and a few others who were downgraded, actually changed their policies and implemented a lot more stringent rules for accepting articles.
Nevertheless, we are not going to talk about search engine algorithms and article directories in this post, we are actually going to share a few tips as to how to do effective article marketing (by using these prominent article directors… and then some!).
OK, let’s start with the most basic elements that you need to implement when you are doing your article marketing, and then go into bit more details:
1. First thing first, as everybody knows by now, unique article is a must.
2. And yes, just like everybody says, your article has to be compelling too. Yet, you should understand the meaning of “compelling article”. To some extent, compelling means getting your readers take action (going over to your website, becoming a fan, following you, etc). But you need to see little further and understand how you can create compelling articles, which brings us to the subject of “context”.
- Context is related to knowing who your audience is. Another way of looking at this is, how can you write an article to motivate your audience if you don’t know who to motivate (i.e. their demographics, interests, etc).
3. You have your keywords, and use them in your title, use them in the first paragraph and the last paragraph, and implement content optimization factors as explained in below video or in this post → Detailed Explanation Of How To Optimize Your Content
[youtube_sc url=”http://youtu.be/RpHWkbE2p6c” width=”450″ border=”1″ color1=”999999″ modestbranding=”1″ autohide=”1″ fs=”1″ rel=”0″ showsearch=”0″]
4. If you have the ability, next step is to make a video: Take your article and make a video of it. Turn on your camcorder (or at least your web cam), read your article and shoot a video.
5. Put your video at least on YouTube and Vimeo, and create backlinks to your site with couple of nicely written content (don’t put the article you have written)
6. Before you take the next step, you need to decide if you want to include your video with your content or not. Article directories do not let you include videos (yet I am sure that is going to change pretty soon). However, following sites do, and they are as valuable as article directories (now you know why you created a video… because now, you are able to use a relevant video within your article to make it more appealing to the visitors, as well as the search engines!).
7. Post your article to “one” of these Web 2.0 sites:
8. If you decided to go with an article directory, then post your article on “one” of the prominent directories. Below is a list of the directories you may want to use:
- Free Online Library (currently not accepting articles… give it some time)
- Sooper Articles
- Article Trader
9. Make sure to put your links as explained in below video (or read our post: How Important Is Varying Your Anchor Text In Your Backlinks)
[youtube_sc url=”http://youtu.be/Y99TBwGnIh8″ width=”450″ border=”1″ color1=”999999″ modestbranding=”1″ autohide=”1″ fs=”1″ rel=”0″ showsearch=”0″]
9. Now, it time to get your social marketing activated:
- Make sure either the article directory or Web 2.0 site broadcasts your article through (at least) Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (may not be able to do Google+ at the moment, but we are going to take care of this in the next step).
- Wait a day or two, and share your article again by using your own Twitter and Google+ with a nice blurb, which includes your keywords.
- Wait couple of days or so, post your video on your own blog with a nice blurb (with your keywords) with a link back to your article, and to your a relevant page on your site.
How about it folks… did we forget anything???