off-page Marketing, Social Media Marketing
What You Should Know Before You Start On Your Social Media Campaign
In my previous post titled Outsourcing Social Media Marketing To Internet Marketing Companies, I basically wrote about steps that companies should take before looking into Social Media Marketing. Just to have a reminder, the fundamental steps that I mentioned were;
- Assessment of the competition
- Determining the marketing objective, in other words goals
- Better keyword research
- Optimized Site
In this post, I wanted to touch base with some of the facts companies should further understand. The first and the foremost is the visibility of your company, as well as your brand awareness in the market. You should make a note that the social media actually revolves around strong brand, as your followers will have to believe in your products and services to follow you. In other words, social media is actually a brand-booster, not really a fixer. If you have a weak presence on the net, which indeed goes back to the strength of your brand, and consequently the result of your marketing goals, quality of your website, and other factors that I mentioned in my post previous post, social media marketing will not be that beneficial, not will it fix that.
When you are done with your initial homework and thinking about jumping into the social media marketing for the first time, you should also consider another fact that social media takes time. Which means it takes time to develop loyal followers, and consequently takes time to create that buzz to harvest the benefits of your hard work.
Internet pretty much is the cradle for just about any industry. This means you may already have, or will have stiff competition sooner or later. So one way or another you are either taking loyal followers from your competition or newly developing them, where you have to earn their trust. And trust comes with hard work, strong brand as well as a strong presence on the net, which is indeed a result of setting up effective marketing goals, and finally an optimized website.
- Let’s first evaluate where we are to see if we are fit to compete on the net
- Size up the competition to have a good idea as to what they are focusing on and how they are focusing
- Know what our strong points are and how we are going to expose them to our prospects and clients
- Setup an effective online marketing campaign
- Do our due diligence on the keywords that we should be focusing on
- Have an optimized website with on-page search engine optimization methods
- Create a strong brand with off-page search engine marketing methods
- Launch the social media marketing to strengthen it further
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.